October 30, 2009
HTML clipboardBharatbook.com added a new report on “Mobile Applications Stores: Asia – Market Analysis and Business Assessment” which gives a comprehensive review of the Mobile Application Stores, development tools and support programs.
Mobile Applications Stores: Asia – Market Analysis and Business Assessment ( http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Mobile-Applications-Stores-Asia-Market-Analysis-and-Business-Assessment.html ) evaluates the state of the mobile application stores and its expected evolution. For example, Sun Microsystems is analyzed as they also announced plans their own MAS. The report also evaluates MAS consortiums such as Symbian and Android.
All smart phones come loaded with standard applications defined by the manufacturer. However, the network operators, looking for revenue opportunities, have encouraged the development of other applications that can be used on the cell phones they support. Using these applications will use the network services more and generate more revenue. The network operators established business relationships and development platforms to encourage the growth of these applications. The release of smart phones like Apple’s iPhone, with its 65,000 supported applications required the need for a single point of access to these via an “application store”. Various network operators, handset manufacturers and software developers are announcing plans for their “Mobile Application Store” (“MAS”). The MAS is a central location for purchasing supplemental mobile applications, possibly available for a fee.
Research in Motion (“RIM”)
This report also evaluates the following Asian network operator’s MAS plans:
Vodafone, NTT Docomo, Reliance Communications, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom
* The Mobile application market forecast is a $9.0 billion revenue opportunity over the next few years.
* The handset vendors have taken the leadership role away from the network operators and are currently driving this market.
* Apple has defined and driven this market to its current state. All other players in this market are reacting to Apple and playing catch up.
* The market is young, confusing and unsettled.
* Besides the handset vendors, major players in this market are the network operators, software vendors, consortiums and retailers.
* Great opportunities for software developers. Despite support programs, they are left to figure it out themselves.
What is the revenue opportunity for this market?
Who are the key market players?
Where is the growth potential in this market?
Where will this market go?
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Mobile-Applications-Stores-Asia-Market-Analysis-and-Business-Assessment.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook