December 26, 2009
UK Mortgages 2009: Competitive Dynamics in the UK Mortgage Market report ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=129568&rt=UK-Mortgages-2009-Competitive-Dynamics-in-the-UK-Mortgage-Market.html ) assesses that 2008 proved to be the most challenging year in recent times for UK mortgage lenders, with the year being marked by government bailouts and consolidation. While mortgage lending reached record levels in 2007, it has plummeted in 2008 and 2009 looks no brighter. With funding still a key challenge, the immediate future could still be tough for the UK market, but competition is beginning to pick up.
Scope of this research
* Provides top ten competitor market shares in terms of gross advances and balances outstanding.
* Discusses the key competitive changes in the market over the last twelve months.
* Predicts future competitive developments based on expert opinion.
Research and analysis highlights
* HSBC saw its gross advances increase by just short of 70%, raising its market share from 2.8% to 6.7% in the space of one year.
* Recovery in the market will only come once the base rate starts to rise significantly above its current level, which is unlikely to occur before the second half of 2010 at the earliest.
* If a large player such as Tesco or Virgin did acquire Northern Rock then the challenge to the top 6 could become more significant as this would provide a more solid base to mount a major push for business.
Key reasons to purchase this research
* Gain insight on which major lenders are performing well in a highly competitive market.
* Learn how the market is changing and evaluate any opportunities for your business arising from these changes.
* Understand how lenders are responding in a market where liquidity is an issue.
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=129568&rt=UK-Mortgages-2009-Competitive-Dynamics-in-the-UK-Mortgage-Market.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook