April 2, 2010
Bharatbook added a new report on “India Tourism Market & Future Forecast (2009 – 2015)” provides a detailed analysis of the present and future prospects of the Indian tourism industry.
India Tourism Market & Future Forecast (2009 – 2015) report ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=133401&rt=India-Tourism-Market-Future-Forecast-2009-2015.html ) has been researched at source Globally and India specific, and features latest-available data covering Global tourist arrival and receipts, Global International and Outbound tourism, Top 10 spenders globally, Inbound and Outbound tourist arrivals and expenditure in India, Domestic tourist visits and expenditure in India, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in hotel and tourism sector from 2005 to 2009. Hotel industry income and revenue, Global and India – Inbound, Outbound tourist arrival and expenditure forecast till 2015, Buddhist tourism growth trends, Trends and regulatory changes, changes, Challenges affecting the Indian tourism sector.
• International tourist arrival in India is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.9% for the period spanning 2010-2015.
• Despite economic downturn Indian outbound tourist departure has been estimated to increase by 0.87 Million in 2008.
• Indian outbound tourist departure is expected to reach 20.5 Million by 2015.
• In 2008, top four (4) states captures more than 75% of total market share of Indian domestic tourist visits.
• Domestic tourist visits is expected to increase with a CAGR of 12.29% for the period spanning 2008-2015.
• In 2008, top three (3) countries contributed 40.15% share of the total international tourist arrival in India.
• Foreign Exchange Earnings growth rate has declined to single digit 9.5% in 2008 and in 2009 it further declined and shown a negative growth rate of (-3%).
• Indian tourism Foreign Exchange Earnings is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.9% for the period spanning 2010-2015.
• In Indian union budget 2010 Indian government has given more than INR 1,000 Crore to Ministry of Tourism India
• In 2009 FDI investment in Indian hotel and tourism sector was more than US$ 550 Million.
• The number of cruise tourist arrivals in India is expected to jump by 233.33% by 2010 from the number of cruise tourist arrivals in 2007.
• Number of Buddhist tourist arrivals in India has doubled in 2009 from 2008
• Budget for Incredible India campaign increased by INR 62.3 Crore for 2010-11 from previous year 2009-10.
• The number of medical tourist arrivals in India is expected to increase by a CAGR of 24.6% from 2009 to 2013.
• India medical tourism market is expected to be more than US$ 2 Billion by 2013.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about the major players (tour operators, hotels and airline companies) currently operating in the Indian tourism industry. The key players analyzed in this section include: Tour Operators: Thomas Cook India Pvt. Ltd., Kuoni India Ltd., Cox & Kings India Ltd., Hotels & Resorts: Taj Hotels, The Oberoi Group, Hyatt Corporation, Flight Operators: Air India, Jet Airways
Information and data in this report has been collected from various printable and non-printable sources like Magazines, Newspapers, Trade Journals, White papers, Online paid databases, News websites Government Agencies and Trade associations.
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=133401&rt=India-Tourism-Market-Future-Forecast-2009-2015.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook