A global analysis of the future market for steering A global analysis of the future market for steering locks
February 28, 2011
Bharatbook.com announces inclusion of latest report on “A global analysis of the future market for steering locks”(http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=169494&rt=A-global-analysis-of-the-future-market-for-steering-locks.html)Mechanical and electrical steering and transmission lock suppliers’ concerns over the future of their products prompted SBD to produce this report that analyses the impact of global technology developments in this market.
Asian, European, North American and emerging market forces are strategically evaluated in order to give a complete view of the opportunities and threats to these conventional vehicle security components.
This report will help you:
* Understand the effect of legislation changes in the North American market on the necessity of steering locks
* Forecast future global volumes of mechanical immobiliser products up to 2015.
* Identify how the market for low cost vehicles is influencing the choice of security components like mechanical steering locks.
* Recognise how increased demand and fashion for electric vehicles and in vehicle technologies is making an impact on component fitment.
The purpose of this report is to look at how factors like new technologies, common global designs, reduction in cost and weight, and electric/hybrid vehicles could affect the future demand for steering column locks compared to alternative solutions to the security legislation needs.
Table of Contents:
1. Executive summary
1.2 Summary of the current situation
1.3 Which new automotive technologies could drive further change?
1.4 Is there a market for steering locks in the future?
1.5 Continued supply of SCL’s to the LCV market
2. SCL technology and alternative solutions
2.1 Mechanical SCL systems
2.2 ESCL systems
2.3 Transmission locks
2.4 Electronic parking brakes
2.5 Security performance
3. The impact of legislation
3.2 USA & Canada
4. The impact new technology
4.1 The influence of new fuel technologies
4.2 Designing for low cost cars
4.3 Smart Key systems
4.4 Enhanced Key Fobs
5. Developed markets
5.2 North America
6. Emerging markets
OR Contact us at
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook
Author : bharatbook