September 14, 2011
Ethylene is the world’s most produced gaseous organic compound. Middle East and Asia are all set to emerge as the world’s largest ethylene producing regions. Key to increasing capacities is the availability of low cost raw materials. The Asia-Pacific region will continue to dominate the market in the future and generate more than a third of the worldwide demand. The pioneer in the Asia Pacific region will be China, rising to become the greatest ethylene consumer worldwide and will therefore drive out the United States to the second place, followed by Saudi Arabia. http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=206623&rt=Ethylene-Industry-in-Asia-Pacific.html
Asia Pacific had the largest capacity and demand shares of 38% and 65% respectively in the year 2010. The rapidly growing economy combined with a huge population base is expected to lead the increased demand for PET in the Asia Pacific region in the near future. This increased PET demand is set to drive the growth of the Ethylene Glycol (EG) market in the region. The Asia Pacific EG market has witnessed a rapid growth in the last decade and its production capacity has nearly doubled from 2000 to 2010. ” business research reports ”
Leading regional players operating in the market include Formosa Plastics Group, Honam Petrochemical Corporation, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, Nova Chemicals Corp, PEMEX Mexicanos, Royal Dutch Shell plc, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), Sinopec, Beijing Yanhua Petrochemical Co Ltd and SK Energy. Among the most important buyers are producers of HDPE. They account for a third of ethylene demand. In the second place are producers of LLDPE and LDPE. HDPE is primarily used for packaging and construction materials.
Along with the capacity developments in the Middle East has come acceleration in capacity addition in Asia, primarily in China. Following long delays to the first world scale Chinese cracker projects developed by Chinese producers in joint ventures with BASF, Shell and BP, projects in China are increasing in number, scale and speed of development. Projects are increasingly integrated with plants, and exploit the advantages of lower fixed cost and proximity to markets relative to investments in the Middle East.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Ethylene Industry in Asia Pacific. The report covers the following:
• An analysis of the global petrochemicals industry in the aftermath of the Japan earthquake and the nuclear disaster in Japan. We analyze the global petrochemicals industry in 2011 and an outlook for the industry.
• An analysis of the ethylene industry in Asia Pacific which includes a market profile, market size, ethylene demand in Asia Pacific, ethylene demand in Asia Pacific by end use sectors, ethylene production in Asia Pacific, the breakdown of the Asia Pacific ethylene market by country, installed ethylene capacity in Asia Pacific by feedstock, by production process and by technology, and the market share of the leading players in the industry. An analysis of the major ethylene projects is also included.
The report includes an analysis of the following regional markets: China, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand. Each country profile for the ethylene industry includes an analysis of the following:
• Market profile and market size
• Ethylene consumption by sector
• Ethylene plants in the country
• Key feedstock in the industry
• Key production processes in the industry
• Key technology used in the industry
• Market share of the leading players
• Import/export statistics of ethylene in the country; and
• Ethylene projects wherever available.
Major players are analyzed in the report through a company overview, an analysis of the business segments, major products & services, company strategy, ethylene capacity, share of the ethylene market, and a SWOT analysis. For the minor players, ethylene market capacity is not included.
For more information kindly visit :
Asia Pacific Ethylene Oxide (EO) Industry Outlook to 2015 – Market Size, Company Share, Price Trends, Capacity Forecasts of All Active and Planned Plants
Asia Pacific Ethylene Glycol (EG) Industry Outlook to 2015 – Market Size, Company Share, Price Trends, Capacity Forecasts of All Active and Planned Plants
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668 / +91 22 27579438
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B