September 14, 2011
The global market for power transmission and distribution cables generated revenues of over $80,000 million in 2010, with an annual growth rate of just over 7% from the previous year. However, due to the impact of the economic slowdown, the market witnessed a decline in the growth rate from 2009. On a positive note, the market is likely to achieve strong growth rate from 2011 onwards. Capital spending and investments in industries worldwide is expected to boost growth of the market. http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=206625&rt=Global-Market-for-Power-Transmission-and-Distribution-Cables.html
The economic recession had its affect on the transmission and distribution sector, and due to the ongoing financial crisis in many countries, the pricing of the cable has become a competitive parameter. Moreover, the electric utilities are expecting the cable manufacturers to reduce the prices. Furthermore, due to the cancellation of transmission expansion plans and delays in orders, the competition between existing players has also increased. Companies are adopting various strategies to counter the competition and survive in the market. Some of them include merger and acquisitions, focus on custom and high end products, increased emphasis on research and development, plant closures, exploring new markets and so on. ” business research report ”
Major corporations involved in the competition are Southwire Company, Prysmian, General Cable, Okonite Company, Alcan Cable, and many others. High emphasis on the commercialization of renewable energy throughout the world is expected to drive the growth of transmission and distribution cables. Renewable energy resources are often at far off places where the transmission network is not available. In the future, lot of expansion in the transmission network is expected to transfer the electricity from the far off power plants to the load centers.
Many countries are integrating their regional grids to form a nationwide grid. The idea is to have seamless flow of electricity across the nation. The development of renewable energy is further supporting the grid interconnection. In European countries, work is going on to form a single European grid amongst all EU nations. Moreover, as the Asian countries develop, energy trade between them is expected to rise. Furthermore, in many countries, the transmission networks are not reliable enough to transfer the electricity from the growing number of power plants. The increased focus on renewable energy, grid interconnections, and economic development are expected to drive the demand for transmission and distribution cables across the world.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Global Market for Power Transmission and Distribution Cables. The report covers the following:
• An analysis of the global market for power transmission and distribution cables including market statistics, market size, and revenue share of the industry segmented by regions.
• Factors driving the global market for power transmission and distribution cables. Factors analyzed include the increasing number of mergers and acquisitions in the industry, requirement for new overhead cables, the growing demand for HVDC cables, and many others.
• Barriers or restraints facing the global market for power transmission and distribution cables.
• Challenges facing the global market for power transmission and distribution cables, particularly the impact of the economic recession on the industry.
• An analysis of the power transmission and distribution cables market in North America including market statistics, market size, the North American market for low voltage cables, medium voltage cables, and high voltage cables.
• Factors driving the North American power transmission and distribution cables market, restraints/barriers facing the industry, and challenges facing the market are analyzed.
Under the North American market analysis, we analyze the power transmission and distribution cables market in the US and Canada. For both the countries, the following has been analyzed:
• An analysis of market statistics, market size, the market for low voltage cables, medium voltage cables, and high voltage cables. The transmission cables market by cable length and the distribution cables market by cable length have also been analyzed. The technical profile of the US and Canadian transmission and distribution cables market is analyzed, along with a market share analysis of the leading industry players.
Moving on to the European market for power transmission and distribution cables, we analyze the German market, the French market, and the UK market for this region.
For more information kindly visit :
The Electric Power Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Equipment Market 2011-2021
Analyzing Microwave Power Transmission & Solar Power Satellite Systems
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668 / +91 22 27579438
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B