December 24, 2011
Strong market growth in BRIC countries
In its latest “BRIC B2C E-Commerce Report 2011”, Hamburg-based market research firm yStats.com analyzes B2C E-Commerce in Brazil, Russia, India and China. In addition to revenue figures, competitors and product categories, the report features internet user statistics, online shoppers and recent trends. http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=135204&rt=BRIC-B2C-E-Commerce-Report-2011.html
• B2C E-Commerce sales in Brazil in the first half of 2011 were higher than the sales recorded during the
whole year of 2008. “Appliances” were one of the best-selling product category in B2C E-Commerce in the
first half of 2011, followed by “Computers” and “Health, Beauty and Medications”.
• In 2010, Moscow and St. Petersburg were the most important areas for B2C E-Commerce in Russia,
accounting for approximately 60% of total online sales. Utkonos.ru, Ozon.ru, KupiVIP and Holodilnik.ru are
leading B2C E-Commerce players.
• The number of Indian Internet users is expected to reach more than 230 million in 2015, accounting for
almost 20% of the total population. “Computer Software“ was the retail subcategory with the highest
audience reach in India in March 2011, followed by “Consumer Electronics“ and “Computer Hardware“.
• Chinese shoppers are very enthusiastic about online shopping. As a result, the number of online shoppers is
expected to increase to more than 300 million by 2015. Convenience and good deals are most frequently
cited as the advantages of online shopping in China. industry analysis reports
About our Reports
– Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
– yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
– The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
– Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
– yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
– If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
Table of Contents:
1. Management Summary
– B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011
– Average Time spent Online, by Country, in Hours per Month, May 2009 & May 2010
– Most popular online Activities in Brazil, in %, first Half 2011
– Number of online Purchases made in Brazil, in %, first Half 2011
– Average Ticket Size in B2C E-Commerce in Brazil, in BRL, 2007-2011f
– B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, 2007-2011f
– B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, first Half 2007-first Half 2011
– Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Brazil, in %, 2007-2011f
– Leading Product Categories in B2C E-Commerce, in % of total Share, first Half 2011
For more information kindly visit :
BRIC B2C E-Commerce Report 2011
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B