January 20, 2012
The report titled “Singapore Medical Tourism Industry Outlook to 2015” provides a comprehensive analysis of the Singapore Medical tourism industry covering in detail various aspects such as market size on the basis of number of foreign patients, medical tourist arrivals, revenue from foreign patients, medical tourist receipts, market segmentation, competitive landscape and profiles of the major hospitals treating foreign patients in the country. The report also entails major drivers and growth barriers of medical tourism market. http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=222288&rt=Singapore-Medical-Tourism-Industry-Outlook-to-2015.html
The future outlook along with projections and macro-economic factors has also been presented providing an insight on the prospects in the medical tourism industry. business market research
Singapore is currently the second largest medical tourism market in Asia closely following behind India in terms of revenue from foreign patients. Country’s advanced healthcare services coupled with world class trained doctors, reasonable travel cost and 21 JCI accredited hospitals and medical centers has aided the medical tourism industry to allure foreign patients from South East Asia, North America and Europe.
Cardiology, ophthalmology and oncology are the leading services for which Singapore has achieved specialization. The country also has a booming dental market. Singapore is generally preferred for more intricate medical procedures such as oncology treatment and transplants therefore the country generally caters to the high end medical treatment. Since these procedures are more expensive compared to other treatments, Singapore might register less number of medical patients but earns higher revenue.
Singapore is largely famous for intricate medical procedures such as heart surgeries. The country possesses highly qualified doctors with updated medical technology in most of the medical centers. In 2010, ~ thousand foreign patients visited Singapore. The number of foreign patients increased to ~ thousand in 2010.
Singapore is expected to witness a growth of ~% in the inflow of foreign patients (medical tourist, general tourist and foreigners residing in the country seeking medical treatment) in 2011 to ~ thousand. Total revenue generated from international patients will be USD ~ million in 2011. It is estimated that in the next 5 years, foreign patient arrivals from Indonesia, Japan, the US, the UK will increase phenomenally as country’s healthcare system expand in terms of infrastructure and clinical specialties.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
* Number of Foreign Patients and Revenue from Foreign Patients, 2005-2010
* Number of Medical Tourists and Medical tourist receipts, 2005-2010
* Foreign Patients by Nationality, 2010
* Major Drivers and Growth Barriers of Medical Tourism in Singapore
* Competitive Landscape of top hospitals treating foreign patients, 2010
* Future Outlook along with future projections on number of foreign patients and medical tourist arrivals in the country along with the receipts, 2011-2015
* Historical and Projections of Industry Factors including Number of Tourist Arrivals and Receipts, Number of Hospitals, Medical Centers and Clinics along with beds, Inpatients and Outpatients Admissions, Registered Health Personnel and Healthcare Expenditure, 2005-2015
For more information kindly visit :
Singapore Medical Tourism Industry Outlook to 2015
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B