January 20, 2012
The report titled “South Korea Medical Tourism Industry Outlook to 2015” provides a comprehensive analysis of the South Korea Medical tourism industry covering in detail various aspects such as market size on the basis of number of foreign patients, revenue from foreign patients, market segmentation, competitive landscape and profiles of the major hospitals treating foreign patients in the country. The report also entails major drivers and growth barriers of medical tourism market. http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=222290&rt=South-Korea-Medical-Tourism-Industry-Outlook-to-2015.html
The future outlook along with projections and macro-economic factors has also been presented providing an insight on the prospects in the medical tourism industry. business market research
The number of foreign patients visiting Korea has increased from ~ in 2009 to ~ in 2010, indicating an increase of ~%. The revenue from foreign patients has increased nearly two fold to USD ~ million in 2010 from USD ~ million in 2009.
The foreign patients have increased over the years primarily because of the promotional campaigns being adopted by the government. The influx of foreign patients has increased from ~ in 2006 to ~ in 2007 and ~ in 2008.
Out of the total foreign patients visited in South Korea, Seoul with ~ received the maximum number of foreign patients followed by Gyeonggi with ~ patients and Daegu with ~. It is worthwhile to note the number of foreign patients were more in Daegu (~) as compared to Busan (~) and Incheon (~) which posses a better infrastructure than Daegu.
In terms of region, Seoul with Sinchon Severance hospital registered most number of foreign patients. Other leading hospitals in Seoul were Samsung Medical Center, Cheong Shim International Medical Center, Asan Medical Center, Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital and Hanyang University Medical Center. Most of the hospitals are located near the capital providing a concentration of medical facilities. In order to promote growth hospitals should be spread out to various regions for overall development of the country.
South Korea which is popular for the treatment of plastic and spine surgery is expected to become a mass commercialized hub for the all types of plastic and spine surgery in the next 5 years. South Korea will become a center of high-end plastic surgery treatments, including re-plantation using microsurgery, burn care, chin upliftment and craniofacial surgery on palatine cheilognathus and congenital malformation of face for Japan and China.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
* Number of Foreign Patients and Revenue from Foreign Patients, 2005-2010
* Foreign Patients by Nationality, 2010
* Foreign Patients by Destinations (Seoul, Gyeonggi-do, Daegu, Busan, and Incheon) in Korea, 2010
* Foreign Patients Selection for Type of Hospitals, 2010
* Market segmentation by Inpatients, Outpatients and Medical Checkup Foreign Patients, 2010
* Major drivers and growth barriers of medical tourism in South Korea
* Competitive Landscape of Major Hospital Chains/Group in Singapore (Yonsei Severance, Samsung Medical, CheongShim International, Asan Medical and Seoul National University Hospital), 2010
* Future outlook along with future projections on number of foreign patients treated in the country along with the receipts, 2011-2015
* Historical and projections of industry factors including number of tourist arrivals and receipts, registered health personnel, hospitals, clinics and medical centre, hospital beds and healthcare expenditure, 2005-2015
For more information kindly visit :
South Korea Medical Tourism Industry Outlook to 2015
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B