March 9, 2012
The 4th edition of Douglas-Westwood’s World AUV Market Forecast 2012-2016 expects major market growth over the next five years. The size of the existing fleet of reportedly active vehicles, stands at 560 in 2012 (up from 390 in 2009) and Douglas-Westwood forecast this to rise to 930 by 2016.
Sectors of the AUV market are already rapidly maturing and the value of the technology is receiving widespread acceptance in applications such as deepwater seabed mapping for the oil & gas industry, in ocean research and mine counter-measures surveys. The sector is also evolving, with pre-commercial activity evident in oil & gas life-of-field and pipeline inspections, together with increasing use of low-logistics vehicles and those designed for shallower waters and flexible deployments. In addition there are potentially significant developments in many areas such as civil hydrography programmes and for ultra-long endurance missions in both the ocean research and military sectors. http://bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/oil-and-gas-market-research-report/the-world-auv-market-forecast-2012-2016.html
Awareness is growing with AUVs receiving increased media coverage since their involvement in the post-incident monitoring of the Macondo blow-out in the US Gulf of Mexico and in the search for the flight data recorders from Air France flight 447 off Brazil. industry analysis reports
The World AUV Market Forecast 2012-2016 contains:
* Identification and discussion of key underlying drivers and their influence on the global AUV market by sector
* Forecast activity 2012 to 2016, segmented by region & sector
* Segmentation by demand for AUV units
* Segmentation by commercial, military & research sectors
* Review of developments in technology
* Review of commercial landscape
* Complimentary Volume 2: Technology and Applications discussing the technology of underwater vehicles.
Why buy the report?
This unique report goes beyond a complete breakdown and forecast for the key AUV sectors and provides unique insight and analysis gained from Douglas-Westwood’s many years’ experience of tracking the industry and providing commercial advisory services to AUV sector investors, manufacturers and operators.
The World AUV Market Forecast 2012-2016 is essential for financial institutions, technology developers, manufacturers and distributors, agencies and organisations responsible for mapping and monitoring the marine environment, offshore construction and rig move/drilling companies, oil & gas companies and survey organisations wanting to better understand where and when to make investment decisions.
* 4th edition of the original industry report
* Geared to meet senior executives’ needs in business planning and decision making
* Assumes no previous reader knowledge of the subject area
* Information sourced from DW’s extensive in-house databases and consultation with AUV manufacturers and operators
* Benefit from DW’s industry forecasting expertise developed over many years
* A concise, sector-by-sector format allows for targeted view of markets
* All data is presented clearly and accessibly.
Technology & Applications
A detailed review of unmanned underwater vehicles, defining the respective roles of AUVs, ROVs and USVs, the technology involved and their applications is included in a separate Volume 2. This describes the development of the industry and gives many examples of the various types of AUVs, ROVs, & USVs. Individual sections discuss the fundamental technologies of positioning and obstacle avoidance; main vehicle components such as umbilical cables, tooling, survey sensors, cameras and manipulators.
For more information kindly visit :
The World AUV Market Forecast 2012-2016
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B