The present report on “China Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Forecast to 2016” analyzes in detail the pharmaceutical industry environment with market sizing in terms of patented drugs, generic drugs, OTC drug and even sub-segments of the industry. The report also discusses the trends, development, growth drivers, M&A’s and future expected performance of the industry. The report also entails market share of major players and their performance on the basis of different parameters. http://bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/healthcare-market-research-report/china-pharmaceutical-industry-research-and-forecast-to-2016.html
China pharmaceutical industry is enjoying strong growth led by rising per capita disposable income, government measures to support healthcare, rural population moving to urban areas, rising demand for Chinese herbal supplements worldwide, stable market for OTC drugs and aging population. The China pharmaceutical industry is ranked on 5th place in 2011 and soon expected to outpace Germany and Japan. Industry Analysis
In 2010, an estimated investment of USD 4,100 million was channelized in the sector. To make healthcare facilities affordable for rural population, government has started voluntary health insurance through Central Government’s rural co-operative medical system. The total healthcare industry in the country is expected to grow by 22.00% by 2016 led by medical equipment demand and rising demand of pharmaceutical industry. Cold and flu medicines accounted for the largest demand in the OTC segment while diabetes, hypertension and heart diseases drugs were driving the demand in the prescription drugs segment. Bio-pharma products are slowly gaining importance in the pharmaceutical industry with sector growth driven by recent acquisitions. The future growth of herbal supplements is expected to be stable in the country as a group of old age population represents the largest share in the total herbal supplements demand.
* Hospital drugs sales in terms of value have reached USD ~ billion in 2011 but growth rate declined from previous year. In 2010 & 2011 hospital drugs sales grew by 21.25% and 20.27% respectively.
* From 2006-2011, pharmaceutical industry grew at a CAGR 15.82% in value terms registering USD ~ billion revenue in 2011. The industry has grown by 19.54% in 2011.
* Chemical drugs are expected to grow at 16% growth rate by 2014.
* From 2011-2016, the Chinese pharmaceutical industry is expected to grow at CAGR 14.36% generating revenues of USD ~ billion.
* By 2015 Chinese pharmaceutical industry is expected to outpace Japanese pharmaceutical market and become third largest country in terms of revenue.
* Retail sales in the Bio-pharma segment recorded 27.00% and 28.40% growth in 2010 and 2011 respectively.
* In 2011, TCM sales grew by 2.11% to USD ~ billion as compared to 3.74% growth registered in 2010 with market worth of USD ~ billion.
* From 2005-2010, the Chinese herbal medicine market grew at a CAGR of 4.38%, to USD ~ billion in 2010.
* The market is expected to grow by 7.69% CAGR from 2010 to 2015F.
* By the end of 2011, generic drugs market reached USD ~ billion by growing at a CAGR 28.75% from 2006-2011.
* In term of value, vitamin market grew by 9.48% in 2010 to USD ~ million as compared to 2009 results.
* China vitamin demand is expected to surpass USD ~ million by 2015. China is one of the largest producers of vitamin E in the world.
For more information kindly visit :
China Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Forecast to 2016
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B