April 30, 2012
This report supplies information on the Plastic Card Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/financial-services-market-research-report/plastic-card-overview-in-italy.html
The report provides an overview of the payment cards market and further analyses market trends in 2011 and the outlook for 2012 based on the 2010 trends analysed in the three reports dedicated to the payment cards industry. The three reports published to date include the profiles of all the industry players, however, due to the fact that the 2011 data are not yet available, this report focuses not on the payment card competitors but on the profiles of the companies in the card value chain that operate in the non-captive market. Business Research
The report analyses payment cards.
– Product technology: payment cards are electronic payment instruments used instead of cash.?
– Use: The main function of payment cards is to pay for goods and services. Credit is also an important function related to the presence of revolving cards.?
– Client groups: payment cards are issued to retail final customers, mainly families and small companies, and corporate clients.
The report analyses:
– Debit cards: classic debit cards enable the cardholder to withdraw cash and to make payments using the national and international card circuits;?
– Prepaid cards: prepaid debit cards can be top-up or throw-away;?
– Charge cards: are credit cards that enable the cardholder to settle their balance after the transaction/purchase date (usually the end of the month);
– Revolving/option credit cards: defined as credit cards for which the cardholder repays the outstanding balance in instalments over several months (revolving credit cards) or that offer the cardholder the option of settling the balance in full or in instalments (revolving option credit cards). The category includes non-revolving instalment cards.
In order to draw up the Competitors report, the Databank method foresees the screening of the main realities of the sectors and various one-to-one interviews with the selected players. All this is then completed via:
– the gathering of information questionnaires that are filled out by the main companies on an annual basis;
– the checking of the gathered information by a sector expert, using a verification system that guarantees maximum reliability and consistency;
– the processing of information belonging to the Cerved Group about Italian economic realities.
The strategies and performances of the largest players in each sector are looked at in dept in the Competitors report. In all the cases in which a specific source is not indicated, the information published in the report must be intended as extracted and processed from the Cerved Group’s proprietary information. Each sector addressed in the Competitors products may be the subject of a dedicated presentation in the company or developed during a training course on the same subject.
AMERICAN EXPRESS SERVICES EUROPE Limited
BANCA CARIGE S.P.A.
BANCA DELLE MARCHE S.P.A.
BANCA MEDIOLANUM S.P.A.
BANCA MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DELL’EMILIA ROMAGNA (cons) S.P.A.
BANCA POPOLARE DI MILANO S.c.a.r.l.
BANCO POPOLARE SC
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
CARREFOUR SERVIZI FINANZIARI S.P.A.
CARTALIS IMEL S.P.A.
CASSA CENTRALE CREDITO COOPERATIVO DEL NORD EST
For more information kindly visit :
Plastic Card Overview in Italy
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B