May 2, 2012
This report supplies information on the adhesives and sealants Italian market and its competitors: market trends, SWOT and key success factors analysis, major companies performance indicators (total turnover, sector specific turnover, market shares and export quotas), business prospects and trends. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/consumer-goods-market-research-report/adhesives-and-sealants-in-italy.html
The following report analyses adhesives and sealants made from natural sources (starch, dextrin, animal and vegetable proteins, natural rubber) and synthetic resins (thermoplastics, thermosets, elastomerics).?
The analysis does not include compounds with adhesive or sealant qualities but not the functions indicated below, such as ureic resins (used to produce chipboard), starch (used to produced corrugated cardboard), impregnation products, underseals and sound deadeners.
The analysis also excludes adhesives made from hydraulic binders, ceramic adhesives (made from sand, cement and resin powder) and sealants made from vinyl plastisol. Market to Market
Products: the types of adhesives and sealants are established based on the chemical composition of the binders used and the type of dispersants/solvents:?
– natural adhesives (vegetable, animal);?
– water based synthetic adhesives (ureic and melamine resins, in liquid or powdered form; melamine resins, in liquid or powdered form);
– aqueous dispersion adhesives (vinyl, homo and copolymers, EVA: vinyl acetate copolymers; acrylics: homo and copolymers; others: polyurethanes, polychloroprenes, latex);?
– solvent based adhesives (polychloroprenes; polyurethanes; others: polyvinyl ether, SBS rubber and natural rubber);
– hot melts: EVA copolymers, polyurethanes, polyesters, polyamides, polypropylenes, styrene rubber;
– reactive adhesives (epoxy, polyurethanes, cyanoacrylates, anaerobics, others);?
– elastomeric sealants (polysulphides, polyurethanes, silicones);?
– elastoplastic and plastomeric sealants (acrylics: homo and copolymers; butylenes/isobutylenes, PVC; others).
Function: adhesives usually come in liquid form and are used to bond two surfaces together by means of inter-surface forces (determined by primary or secondary chemical bonds). This property arises during the transformation from liquid to solid state via cooling, evaporation of the dispersant solvent during a chemical reaction and/or under pressure.
Sealants generally come in the form of a thick, strong paste and are used to seal cracks and joints between two (or more) surfaces (as well as for isolation and protection).
?Technological developments in terms of both production and application have blurred the boundary between the functions of adhesives and sealants, leading to some overlapping for some products.
Clients: there are two large groups of clients.
– Direct clients composed of Industrial Clients, mainly large directly supplied companies (short channel) and Business to Consumer Clients, composed of various distribution companies that sell products for the building trade, DIY or various products (long channel: sellers of building materials, paint dealers, ironmongers, wallpaper shops, DIY stores, large scale retailers, chains (food and non-food), specialised retailers, stationers, etc.).
– End-clients, not in direct contact with manufacturing companies, composed of professionals (companies, craftsmen, etc) and DIY customers.
Adhesives and sealants have various uses.?Two business areas are considered in this report:
– industry, which in this case is analysed according to the following segments: Wood and Furniture, Footwear, Building, Paper, Transport, Laminating film, Cleaning-sanitation and Other industries. Numerous industrial sectors are served, with similar products and technologies and specific trends. The main uses are described in the appendix;
– consumer, characterised by a wide and interconnected range; the approach used by companies is mainly aimed at the needs of the distribution channel and generally targets specific types of end-clients.
For more information kindly visit :
Adhesives and sealants in Italy
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B